Fish is light and flavorful and perfect for the grill! This recipe is a quick and delicious way to add a new layer of deliciousness without overpowering your fish.
Fish with Oomph Layer
We love this recipe on the grill but it is just as tasty out of the oven!
This recipe uses our No.4 Three Star blend but our No.1 Duxelles or No.6 Shiitake Umami would be equally as fantastic.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 15min.
Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 tsp. No.5 Three Star Oomph Cooking Blend
- 2 - 4 small / medium pieces of fish
- Pinch of salt
- About 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Foil pouch
- Two pieces of foil layered together
- Add you fish to center ( the foil will need to be large enough to create a foil pouch for your fish)
- Sprinkle olive oil over fish
- Sprinkle Oomph over fish evenly
- Add a pinch of salt over fish
- Create a foil pouch for the fish by folding over fish and then pinching the sides together. Seal pouch.
- Grill until fish is flaky, check after 10 min. Fish should be opaque and flaky.
Serve on rice or quinoa, with a simple salad and some vegetables.
Meatballs with Oomph
Meatballs are versatile and super tasty when Oomph is inside!
Boost the Yum factor using Oomph with this classic 3-meat meatballs recipe. Its a bold move that can deliver a heart warming victory at the table.
As a stand alone these are simply delicious. Your choice of any the Oomph blends inside will help you deliver crowd pleasing tastiness. Our top choice to use are; No.4 Refogado, No.1 Duxelles blend, No.3 Sofrito blend and No.6 Shiitake Umami.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 40 min.
Total Time: 55 min.
Servings: 6 - 8
- 2 lb. ground beef & 1# pork & 1# dry aged beef
- 2 Tbsp. of any Oomph Cooking Blend
- 3 eggs
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 3-4 slices day old bread
- 1c half-in-half + 1c Milk
- 3/4 c. grated pecorino Romano
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Soak bread in milk & half-n-half
- In large bowl, salt & pepper 3 meats
- rinse, wash, chop parsley, add to mixture
- Evenly dust meat with 2 Tbsp. Oomph (your choice) work it in with hands
- Remove bread from milk, ring out then crumble into mixture
- Whisk eggs and fold into mixture
- Shape into balls and fully brown in skillet with olive oil
- Put in low dish in oven for 15-20 minutes
Serve with mashed potatoes, fries or steamed vegetables and gravy.
ColCannon with Oomph
This is a great way to give Oomph a try! Creating a spread from Oomph Cooking Blends is delicious and easy. Add this to appetizers, baked potatoes, steak, chicken, great for tossing noodles and as a pretty side dish for any meal.
A classic Irish potato dish upgraded with Oomph.
IF you have any leftovers, these potatoes make excellent potato pancakes. Perfect to roll into a wonderful full breakfast.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 30 min.
Total Time: 10 min.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 tsp. Oomph Cooking Blend
- 3 lbs russet potatoes
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 c. milk
- ½ c. cream
- 8 Tbsp. butter (1/2 butter will be used to bloom Oomph)
- 2 heaping tsp. No.5 Three Star (Oomph)
- 2 heaping tsp. No.7 Green Blend (Oomph)
- ½ bunch flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1 tsp. bacon fat or duck fat
- 1 clove garlic
- Cook bacon to semi-crispy, reserve bacon fat
- Wash potatoes, split lengthwise and boil for 30 min or until fork pierces easily
- Gently warm milk and cream in a saucepan or bring to room temperature
- Blooming Oomph: Oomph + 4 Tbsp. water + 4 Tbsp. butter in a pan stir over med-low heat for about 2 minutes
- Dice bacon
- Remove potato skins and rice potatoes.
Put it Together
- Fold butter into potatoes gently
- Add ½ milk+cream and stir
- Add Oomph mixture
- Add bacon with the rest of milk+cream
Serve warm. Can be topped with finely chopped parsley, a drizzle of olive oil or micro planed garlic, Yum.
Oomph Hack #3:
Bloom Oomph and top your baked potato.
A tasty little side dish for dinner our an appetizer on their own. These beauties are mouthwatering good.
If you like mushrooms, you will love these delectable little morsels.
This recipe uses our No.2 Battuto and No.1 Duxelles blends.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 30 min.
Total Time: 45 min.
Servings: 4 (more if they are an appetizer)
- 8 large mushrooms, stem removed and finely diced
- 1 tsp. No.2 Battuto
- 1 tsp. No.1 Duxelles
- 1 Tbsp. finely diced celery tops
- 2 glugs of vermouth
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- Pinch of salt
- 1/8 c. toast, crumbled into fine bits
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- In a bowl, mix all filing ingredients together
- Place mushroom caps upside down in an oven proof dish
- Fill caps tightly with filling
- Bake for 30 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked and filling is golden brown.
Pretty and Tasty. This is a great dish to serve for guests or to treat yourself to a fun and visually interesting meal!
Roulade is just a dish served in the form of a roll. We are rolling up some yumminess in this recipe.
Remember, any Oomph blends would be delicious in this recipe! If you don't have the one we suggest on hand, try one you do have.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 1 hr.
Total Time: 70 min
- 6 mushrooms sliced into thin batons
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley
- 1 scallion thinly diced
- 4 tsp. Oomph No.1 Duxelles Blend
- 2 inches of bacon cut from full 8oz slab
- 1 piece of crusty bread
- 2 Tbsp. of butter
- 2 Tbsp. micro planed sharp cheese
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Cook bacon until crispy then chop into bits
- Use bacon fat and 1 pat butter to cook mushrooms
- Crush toasted bread into crumbs
- Bloom Oomph Duxelles with 1 pat of butter
- Add all filling into bowl and toss until well blended.
- Add a solid scoop filling on flattened thigh then roll and toothpick or lasso with cooking twine
- In skillet that bacon was cooked add a knob of butter and brown exterior of roulades
- Make sure to get great color on all sides.
- After browned add to baking dish and cook at 325 for 20 minutes and bring chicken to temperature 165 degrees
Serve over rice, with a simple sauce and vegetable side.
Oomph Hack #6:
Quick Appetizer: Bloomed Oomph, crackers, soft cheese, sprig of chive. Done!
Creamy Fish Stew
When fish stew is on the table. It is gone. So comforting and hearty, this stew will warm your heart and your belly.
It is always soup season in our book.
At Oomph we encourage experimentation and trying new things. We also realize that we don't always have the same things on hand so if you improvisation is always welcome.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 30 min.
Total Time: 50 min.
Servings: 2 - 4
- 1.5 lbs cod fish (bones removed) cut into 2 inch strips
- 8-10 tiny potatoes or fingerlings, whole if small or cut in half if larger
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 2 medium yellow onions diced : Optional 1 large leek chopped fine instead.
- 2 cloves of garlic, micro planed
- 2tsp. No.2 Battuto
- 2 tsp. No.6 Shiitake Umami
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 3/4c. dry white wine
- 4c. fish or chicken broth (a rich vegetable broth works too)
- 1 bay leaf
- Tbsp. fresh thyme (1tsp. dry thyme)
- 1.5 tsp. salt
- pinch or two of pepper
- 1.5 c. heavy cream
- In a large 6 qt.pot saute onions, carrots and celery in butter for about 5 minutes.
- Add white wine and saute 2-3 more minutes or until reduced by half
- Add potatoes, Oomph, broth, thyme, bay leaf, garlic, salt and pepper and simmer 15 min.
- Gently warm cream in a separate pan
- Add warm cream and fish to broth mixture and heat on LOW for about 10 min. until fish is cooked through. Do not let it boil or get to a rolling simmer, low heat here.
Serve with a garnish of lime wedge, basil or parsley.