Autumn Pear and Red Pepper Salsa with Oomph Three Star
It is finally time for Fall cooking! Pears are abundant right now and are excellent in this sweet and savory Fall salsa. We love pears for their flavor and their health benefits.
Pear Health Benefits
• Pears are high in fiber. You can get 20% of your daily fiber from 1 pear!
• Pears have a low-glycemic index
• Fight free radicals with pears, they have vitamin C, vitamin K and copper.
• Pears have a healthy amount of Boron, good for our bones.
• Pears are considered hypoallergenic, a pear allergy is extremely rare.
• Pears have anti-inflammatory properties.
The list goes on, pears are really good for us and they shine in this recipe.
In addition to red bell peppers and shallots our super seasoning Oomph No.5 Three Star blend with Scallions, Ginger and Garlic. So this dish offers not only deliciousness but packs a ton of nutrition into each spoonful!
Scallions Health Benefits
• Contain Allicin, Quercetin and Rhodopsin
• Immune booster
• Low calorie
• Anti-viral and Anti-bacterial
• Contain vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C
• Contain flavonoids
We love scallions for their mild almost sweet onion flavor and their beautiful bright green color.
Ginger Health Benefits
•Soothing for an upset tummy
• Fights the common cold
• Contains Gingerol and Zingiberaceae
Garlic Health Benefits
• Contains Manganese, vitamin B6, vitamin C, copper, selenium, phosphorus, vitamin B1 & calcium
We hope you enjoy this delicious side dish as much as we do.It pairs well with roast chicken, fish, and is yummy with chips!
* If you are serving immediately, you may add a small dash or two of water to help soften the pairs and rehydrate the Oomph.